A super simple, fun appetizer or light lunch — I actually created this recipe using leftover ingredients in the fridge. But with a little time and a little love, I was able to create something that truly tastes gourmet. Bon Appétit!
PS See below the recipe for recommended wine pairings!
Pear and Gruyère Flatbread
Simple, fun, appetizer that uses common ingredients found at home.
Prep time does not include making the dough from scratch.
- 1/2 portion of my homemade pizza dough
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- small handful arugula
- 1/2 red pear thinly sliced
- 1 strip prosciutto, sliced into short strips
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 ounces Gruyére cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit
- Prepare a piece of parchment paper by cutting and dusting with flour
- Roll out the dough into a long, thin, rectangular strip and place on prepared parchment paper
- Spray the dough generously with olive oil spray and sprinkle with garlic salt
- Lay out the arugula
- Evenly disperse the pear, prosciutto, and onion
- Evenly disperse the cheese
- Garnish with more salt if desired
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Farenheits for 5-8 minutes (until crust is crispy, toppings cooked, and cheese melted
© 2020 Copyright Briscoe Bites 2016
Recommended Wines: Louis Jadot Chablis, Markham Sauvignon Blanc, Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc, Dry Creek Vineyards Fume Blanc, Wente Louis Mel Sauvignon Blanc