Jump to recipe
I got the idea for this little dessert from watching (way too much) Master Chef Australia. I finally had the guts to try it and, turns out, it was easier than I thought! All you need are a few eggs, sugar, and vanilla bean for the basic recipe. Once you have it down, it’s fun to add your own flavor twist as well.
PS See below the recipe for how I fancy this up a bit (complete with wine pairing!)…Bon Appétit!
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup super fine sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- Line a 6 inch square baking tray with plastic wrap.
- Place eggs, egg yolk, and sugar in a medium metal bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale yellow and frothy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Gently fold in yogurt and vanilla bean.
- Pour into prepared baking tray and place in freezer until set (about 1 hour).
© 2022 Copyright Briscoe Bites 2016
Vanilla Bean Parfait topped with Pumpkin Seed Praline
Recommended Wine: Louis Jadot Chablis