Jump to recipe
Celebrate the fall season with this easy little recipe. Great for a snack, dessert, or dessert topping. It’s only 3 ingredients (and one of them is water). Added bonus: swap out the pumpkin seeds for your favorite nut or seed and you can use this recipe all year long.
Also, see below the recipe for how I use this as a gourmet topping to a delicious dessert. Bon Appétit!
Celebrate the fall season with this quick and easy pumpkin seed praline recipe. Swap out the pumpkin seeds for your favorite nuts or seeds to add a personal touch.
Total time does not include cooling time
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (hulled)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Prepare a baking pan by lining with foil and generously coating with olive oil spray.
- Keep tray warm in the oven.
- Mix together the sugar, water, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly with a metal whisk or fork until the sugar is melted and the mixture is pale golden in color.
- Continue to cook caramel without stirring, swirling pan, until deep golden.
- Quickly add the pumpkin seeds and immediately pour onto the warmed baking sheet, spreading thinly.
- Place the baking sheet on a rack until the praline completely hardens.
- Break into large pieces to serve or save.
© 2022 Copyright Briscoe Bites 2016
Vanilla Bean Parfait topped with Pumpkin Seed Praline