Quinoa is one of my favorite superfoods. It’s got protein, fiber, and loads of vitamins and minerals — plus it’s tasty. One of my favorite ways to celebrate quinoa is with this super simple salad.
A Note About this Recipe: If you’re like me and like a little extra citrus in your life, you can half (or sub completely) the vinegar for fresh squeezed lemon juice.
This recipe can serve up to 4 people, but can just as easily be a great lunch or dinner for two. I like to serve this salad alongside almost anything smoked on the BBQ, but my favorite accompaniment is definitely a beautifully grilled salmon. Bon appétit.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Easy to make and fun to eat, this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad can serve two as a main dish or 4 as a side dish.
For the Quinoa
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup water
For the Salad Mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 8 - 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) feta cheese (plus more to taste or garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Quinoa
- Place the quinoa and the water in a small pot over high heat on the stovetop.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pot with a lid.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Remove the lid from the pot. Let quinoa stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and transfer to a clean bowl. Cover and place in fridge.
For the Salad
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and olives in a large bowl
- When the quinoa is thoroughly cooled, add it to the vegetable bowl and mix together using a large fork.
- Add the olives, cheese, and lemon zest.
- Taste mixture and add vinegar and salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Blend well and serve.
© 2023 Copyright Briscoe Bites 2016
4 Comments on Mediterranean Quinoa Salad