Jump to recipe
I know turkey burgers can be dry, bland, and boring. But with the right blend of ingredients, you’ll have all the juice and flavor of a traditional burger — sans red meat.
A Note About the Recipe: The mince mixture works best if you combine 3/4 pounds lean ground turkey (turkey breast mince) with 1/4 pounds darker meat (turkey thigh mince).
If using cheese, I recommend adding it during the last minute of grilling so it fully melts.
This recipe is the perfect blend of ingredients, giving you all the juice and flavor of a traditional burger -- sans red meat.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Herb Marinade
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, bell pepper, minced onion, salt, and pepper.
- Turn out onto a clean work surface and shape the mixture into 4 equal-size patties.
- Generously coat grill with nonstick grill spray.
- Place patties on the greased grill and cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Bast each side every two minutes with the marinade.
- Remove patties from the grill and serve with your favorite burger fixings.
© 2022 Copyright Briscoe Bites 2016
Need a bun for those burgers? Try my Brioche Bun Recipe.