It sounds fancy, but it doesn’t have to be. This chicken roulade recipe is so easy it could easily work as a mid-week meal. But serve it up with the right side dish and a glass of Chablis, and you’ve got something special for date night…Bon Appétit!
- 2 chicken breasts (about 3/4 to 1 pound total), rib meat removed, breasts pounded thin
- Handful of baby arugula (1 to 2 ounces, destemmed, roughly chopped)
- 1 ounce of soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_with_goat_cheese_and_arugula/#ixzz4LI4gf4rh
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place an oven safe baking dish or skillet in the oven to warm.
- Season the flattened chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- With a spoon or butter knife, spread the goat cheese as a thing layer, lightly coating each chicken breast.
- Evenly distribute the chopped arugula between the two chicken breasts.
- Roll the chicken. Start with the narrowest end and tightly roll each breast, sealing with toothpicks to secure.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a large pan.
- Place the chicken roulades in the pan to brown on all sides (about 60 to 90 seconds on each side).
- Remove the roulades from the pan and place in the preheated baking dish.
- Continue to cook the roulades in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the roulades to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks, slice, and serve.
© 2020 Copyright Briscoe Bites 2016
Recommended Side Dish: Butternut Squash Puree
Recommended Wines: Louis Jadot Chablis, Bonny Doon Cigare Blanc, Landmark Vineyards Overlook Chardonnay, Ancient Oak Cellars Chardonnay